Can you help raise funds for
CRDN is pleased to offer a
range of sponsorship packages…
Why support RAREfest18?
- Showcase your
, and/or a product, to leading industry specialists, healthcare professionals and investors organisation
- Partner for the opportunity to support Cambridge Rare Disease Network, and by virtue you will support the goal to improve the lives of those impacted by rare diseases with improved research, knowledge, care, information, education
- Network, generate leads and receive immediate feedback on your products and services
- Build a positive public image, and enhance and support philanthropic company objectives
- Form collaborations that will work for the benefit of the patient
For more information on the sponsorship opportunities please visit our RAREfest pages or, if you would like to speak to a member of our team regarding specific sponsorship requests then please contact us
Fundraising for CRDN
Thanks to our courageous and determined supporters!
Fundraising projects can be set up on our Just Giving page where you can tell your fundraising story and your supporters can add their messages and donations. You can see some examples below
4 JUNE 2017
In June 2017, six incredible ladies jumped out of a plane with parachutes for CRDN. Inspired by Helena Baker, a previous speaker at our Rare Nursing event 2016. Helena was diagnosed late with a rare condition and following many operations over her lifetime, has had a recent lower leg amputation. They raised around £5,000 to support our Rare Disease Nurse Network project to get off the ground. You can read Helena’s fundraising story here.
5-6 August 2017
Chris Cawthorn from Cambridge Trailfinders ran an astounding 100 miles in less than 24hrs along the North Downs Way for CRDN. An incredible feat from a dedicated runner who often runs the 18 miles to work and back! Chris has no know connection with rare disease but was inspired by our children’s activity group, Unique Feet, to fundraise to support their activities. He raised just under £800! Read Chris’s fundraising story here.
Did you know that half a million children in the UK are affected by a life-altering genetic disorder?
Jeans for Genes Day is an annual fundraising campaign, organised by Genetic Disorders UK (GDUK), to raise awareness and money to transform their lives. This year’s event will take place on Friday 21st September and smaller genetic disorder charities like CRDN are partnering with GDUK to help them spread the word. In return, they generously split the proceeds to support the work of both charities.
Would your school or workplace like to get involved in this year’s Jeans for Genes Day to support us? We’d be absolutely delighted!
As hundreds of schools and workplaces take part each year, this is a great way for your pupils and colleagues to feel like an important part of the wider movement to end genetic disorders. For schools, it is also an opportunity for you to educate your students about the science of genetics, to promote equality, and to highlight the importance of charity and social responsibility. There are lots of great resources on the GDUK website. Find plans for lessons, assemblies and activities and use their great ideas for fund-raising .
How to get your school or workplace involved …
- Sign up on the official GDUK page
- Choose Cambridge Rare Disease Network as your partner from the drop-down list
- Advertise your partnership through social media, websites and newsletters
- Get your pupils or colleagues to wear jeans on the day in exchange for a small personal donation
- Create your own fundraisers – bake cakes, organise a quiz, check out the website for ideas or come up with your own
- Transfer the proceeds to GDUK and they’ll share half with us
How will we invest your fundraising to help those with rare conditions?
- Developing a regional network of people living with a rare condition
- Providing fun activities for our Unique Feet children and families group
- Delivering exceptional educational and networking events
Register for Easyfundraising for CRDN here and help fundraise for use every time you shop online. It doesn’t cost you a penny extra. When you shop the Easyfundraising way with one of the 3,055 shops and sites they give Easyfundraising commission for your purchase. Easyfundraising turns that into a donation for CRDN. You can buy your grocery shop, book trains, and holidays, buy books or goods and every your utility providers.
You can use the EasyFundraising app and donation reminder to buy travel, goods and services online on laptops or mobiles. It’s that simple… money for nothing! If you’d like to give while you spend and help CRDN to widen its scope and continue to evolve with new projects and activities please register here.