Cambridge International Rare Disease Summit 2017
Following the success of our 2 previous summits, the Cambridge Rare Disease Network is pleased to announce our 3rd annual International Rare Disease Summit.
Venue: Robinson College, Cambridge will be hosting our event on 23rd October 2017
Costing: tiered pricing with early bird tickets and discount tickets for patients and patient groups, students and start-ups.
This day long event seeks to create a forum that brings together patient groups, healthcare, academics, researchers, biotech companies, and the pharmaceutical industry in a spirit of collaboration, innovation and passion to re-imagine and re-invent the Rare Disease patient journey.
Theme: “Re-imagining the Patient Journey”
We will provide a morning of exploration of inspirational Rare Disease patient journeys where patients and patient carers have been partners in healthcare and treatment development. Take a walk with us through case-studies from early symptoms, dead-ends and steps forward to diagnosis, patient group formation, campaigning and research to pharma collaboration and drug development.
The afternoon will showcase pioneering work being undertaken in Cambridge and around the world to re-imagine and re-write the endings of Rare Disease Patient journeys from drug re -purposing and pharma ‘adoption’ of rare diseases to empowering patient revolution.
Patient groups have a chance to showcase posters in a Patient Journey gallery and all delegates will enjoy wide networking opportunities with exhibition stand holders from industry and patient organisations.
Followed by a drinks and canape reception in the pleasant surroundings of the Crausaz Wordsworth building on site.
Confirmed Speakers with more pending:
- Dr Ségolène Aymé -Founder of Orphanet
- Dr Kate Bushby – Professor of Neuromuscular Genetics, Newcastle University John Walton Centre for Muscular Dystrophy Research
- Dr Ana Mingorance – Dracaena Consulting, Chasing cures for neurological and rare diseases
- Dr Rick Thompson – CEO, Finadacure
- Neil Dugdale – General Manager, UK and RoI, Sobi
- Kay Parkinson – CEO, CRDN and Alstrom Europe
- Dr Owen Vaughan – Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs, ProMetic Pharma SMT Ltd
- Dr Sanjay Patel – Senior Director, ProMetic Pharma SMT Ltd
- Daniel Lewi – CEO, Cure and Action for Tay-Sachs Foundation
- Alastair Kent OBE – Chair of Cambridge Rare Disease Network